Self Employed Work and Residence Permit
Who is entitled
We can apply and assist in obtaining a work and residency permit for any person with sufficient financial means to open a business in Spain. The immigration authorities will take into account the following:
- The potential creation of new jobs, capital contribution, new technologies and improvement of production conditions.
- Proof of having enough financial means to carry out the project. 1
- Proof of having the professional capacity to carry out the project. 2
- The existence of a regime of reciprocity in the country of origin.
- Medical and criminal record clearance.
- Depending on the business or venture and number of investors, we recommend a minimum of 100,000 € for a sole applicant. This rule is not fixed and it may vary between countries and type of investment. In any event this investment remains safely deposited in the name of the applicant. Although you can withdraw the funds as soon as the bank certificate for the sum deposited is issued, we recommend that this amount is held in this bank account during the entire application, in order to maximize the chances of approval.
- Some activities do not require a professional capacity or qualification, such as restaurants, hotels, retail shops,etc. We shall be happy to offer advice in greater detail as to favourable business projects for residency application purposes. We can also introduce our clients to reputable independent agencies specialising in the purchase of suitable and appropriate existing businesses.