Self Employed Work and Residence Permit


You are required to have, on applying for the permit, the following:

  1. Valid Passport.

  2. Certificate of proof of financial means: Lawbird Inmigration will open a bank account for you in a high street bank where you will be able to lodge your funds. We will require a limited power of attorney to open your bank account (but not to operate it) and to apply to the bank for a certificate proving that the funds have been lodged in accounts in the name of the applicants. As soon as the bank certificate is issued you can export these funds back to your home country at any time if you wish.

  3. Business Project: It is required from the applicant the submission of a 2-3 page business project which should mention the following: investors' background, description of business, initial investment, projections on the number of Spanish employees, targets and area of business. Lawbird Inmigration recommends investors to form a Spanish S.L. Company as a corporate vehicle (Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada), with a minimum required start up share capital of 3,006 € (can be capitalised with movable goods or cash), and the shares being distributed between the investors. There are no restrictions for foreign nationals of any country to own shares in companies in Spain, and therefore this is an easy step. We will require a power of attorney (same document as above) from the investors with faculties granted to us allowing us to incorporate companies, accept posts of administrators/directors in your names and take all necessary steps conducive to the full registration of the said company in the appropriate provincial Companies House. The power of attorney will also authorise us to open a bank account in your name (limited to this) and obtain a certificate, and will also authorise to apply for your NIE number (Foreign Identification Numbers).

  4. Criminal Records Certificate, for applicants over 18 years of age. You can obtain this by applying in the government office in charge.

  5. Certificate of Health in accordance to the International Health Regulations of the World Health Organisation (WHO). Any qualified doctor in your country will be able to provide you one.

  6. Four Photographs.

Contact us if you would like to get more information.

Thanks to Lawbird we enjoyed a smooth relocation from Argentina to Spain, and we now run a popular typical grill reasturant in Marbella. .

Diego Taboada - Proprietor and Chef - Restaurante Don Diego - Marbella, Spain

We have selected Lawbird to arrange work and residency permits to our clients wishing to move to Spain. .

Imran Salehjee - Managing Director - Saltours International

2004-2023 © Lawbird Legal Services SLP. ALL Rights Reserved. | Contact Us | Lawbird Spanish Lawyers